Agriculture & Agro-industries
The overall Bank Group Vision for Agriculture and Rural Development is to strive to become the leading development finance institution in Africa, dedicated to assisting African regional member countries in their poverty reduction efforts.
This Vision thus focuses on the central goal of poverty reduction and, therefore, on agriculture and rural development as a prime building block, given the dominant role agriculture plays in most RMCs, as the key employer of the people and the main contributor to GDP, rural transformation, and economic growth.
More specifically, the Bank’s vision for the agriculture and rural development sector is to assume a leading catalytic role, within the next decade, in supporting the technological, institutional and policy changes that would trigger a lasting transformation of the rural economies of RMCs by empowering their rural populations to improve their productivity and real incomes in an equitable and environmentally sustainable manner. Hence, the thrust of the vision is client-focus, with “people-centered development” as the principal theme.
- 15/03/2018 - African Development Bank commends Japan’s multi-billion-dollar support for Africa’s economic transformation
- 23/02/2018 - African Development Bank and Mozambique sign US$ 29 million grant agreements to finance agriculture and skills acquisition projects
- 09/02/2018 - Seminar on Staple Crop Processing Zones in Africa: From Vision to Action
- 18/01/2018 - Angola and the African Development Bank sign USD 101 million to support agricultural value chains development in Cabinda Province
- 16/01/2018 - African Development Bank inspires Nigerian school children with ‘Farming is Cool’ competition
- 16/01/2018 - Akinwumi Adesina receives accolade of highest honour of the Republic of Liberia
- 11/01/2018 - Le Niger obtient 43 millions de dollars de la Banque africaine de développement sous forme d’une aide budgétaire
- 04/01/2018 - Au Togo, la Banque africaine de développement appuie la promotion de l’agrobusiness pour 7,47 milliards de FCFA
- 22/12/2017 - Togo : Coup de pouce de plus de 7,47 milliards de CFA de la Banque africaine de développement à l’agrobusiness