Agriculture & Agro-industries
The overall Bank Group Vision for Agriculture and Rural Development is to strive to become the leading development finance institution in Africa, dedicated to assisting African regional member countries in their poverty reduction efforts.
This Vision thus focuses on the central goal of poverty reduction and, therefore, on agriculture and rural development as a prime building block, given the dominant role agriculture plays in most RMCs, as the key employer of the people and the main contributor to GDP, rural transformation, and economic growth.
More specifically, the Bank’s vision for the agriculture and rural development sector is to assume a leading catalytic role, within the next decade, in supporting the technological, institutional and policy changes that would trigger a lasting transformation of the rural economies of RMCs by empowering their rural populations to improve their productivity and real incomes in an equitable and environmentally sustainable manner. Hence, the thrust of the vision is client-focus, with “people-centered development” as the principal theme.
- 22/03/2019 - L'accès rapide aux engrais à un coût abordable, clé d'un développement agricole durable en Afrique
- 18/03/2019 - Mozambique: African Development Bank, Portugal and Mozambique sign MOU for “Lusophone compact” to accelerate private sector development
- 18/03/2019 - Timely access to affordable fertilizers, key to sustainable agriculture development in Africa
- 01/03/2019 - Côte d’Ivoire : la Banque africaine de développement appuie cinq projets transformateurs pour un montant de 275 milliards CFA
- 27/02/2019 - African Development Bank Shows its Support to the Kingdom of Eswatini’s Economic Recovery
- 18/02/2019 - Burkina Faso: African Development Bank committed to fighting malnutrition and poverty in the Sahel
- 18/02/2019 - La Banque africaine de développement et le Bureau international du Travail soutiennent les propositions des pays d’Afrique centrale en faveur de l’emploi des jeunes dans les zones rurales
- 13/02/2019 - Increasing the economic momentum of Africa-Korea partnerships to advance Africa’s agro-industrialization
- 10/02/2019 - “Corruption does not invest in the future, it kills the future.” – Akinwumi Adesina, at World Peace Summit of Global leaders