Agriculture & Agro-industries
The overall Bank Group Vision for Agriculture and Rural Development is to strive to become the leading development finance institution in Africa, dedicated to assisting African regional member countries in their poverty reduction efforts.
This Vision thus focuses on the central goal of poverty reduction and, therefore, on agriculture and rural development as a prime building block, given the dominant role agriculture plays in most RMCs, as the key employer of the people and the main contributor to GDP, rural transformation, and economic growth.
More specifically, the Bank’s vision for the agriculture and rural development sector is to assume a leading catalytic role, within the next decade, in supporting the technological, institutional and policy changes that would trigger a lasting transformation of the rural economies of RMCs by empowering their rural populations to improve their productivity and real incomes in an equitable and environmentally sustainable manner. Hence, the thrust of the vision is client-focus, with “people-centered development” as the principal theme.
- 13/06/2018 - Promoting food security: African Development Bank approves US$ 15m equity investment in Africa Food Security Fund to boost agri-business in Africa
- 08/06/2018 - Promoting competitive agribusiness in Mozambique
- 07/06/2018 - We have high hopes and expectations for your country, Adesina tells President of São Tomé and Príncipe
- 06/06/2018 - African Development Bank supports agricultural value chain development to improve household incomes and food security in the Sudan
- 04/06/2018 - African Development Bank President in São Tomé and Príncipe to strengthen alliances
- 01/06/2018 - African Development Bank to provide US $7 million to Sudan for rural livelihoods’ adaptation to climate change in the Horn of Africa II
- 30/05/2018 - African Development Bank to host US $3-million Rockefeller Trust Fund to spur agriculture and youth employment in Africa
- 22/05/2018 - Korea is a model for Africa’s industrialization, says President Adesina
- 21/05/2018 - Innovative technologies need to reach African farmers for agricultural transformation to happen