Agriculture & Agro-industries
The overall Bank Group Vision for Agriculture and Rural Development is to strive to become the leading development finance institution in Africa, dedicated to assisting African regional member countries in their poverty reduction efforts.
This Vision thus focuses on the central goal of poverty reduction and, therefore, on agriculture and rural development as a prime building block, given the dominant role agriculture plays in most RMCs, as the key employer of the people and the main contributor to GDP, rural transformation, and economic growth.
More specifically, the Bank’s vision for the agriculture and rural development sector is to assume a leading catalytic role, within the next decade, in supporting the technological, institutional and policy changes that would trigger a lasting transformation of the rural economies of RMCs by empowering their rural populations to improve their productivity and real incomes in an equitable and environmentally sustainable manner. Hence, the thrust of the vision is client-focus, with “people-centered development” as the principal theme.
- 16/08/2018 - Poverty on the decline in eastern Côte d’Ivoire
- 15/08/2018 - Canadian Minister of International Development visits African Development Bank in Côte d’Ivoire, reinforces Canada’s role in Africa
- 06/08/2018 - African Development Bank Offers New Financing Opportunities for Zambia’s Water and Agriculture Sectors
- 06/08/2018 - African Development Bank President Adesina calls for technology transfer to farmers
- 02/08/2018 - President Adesina keynote speaker at 2018 Agricultural and Applied Economics Association’s annual meeting in Washington D.C.
- 27/07/2018 - Tunisia launches pilot project to use drones for data collection in agricultural sector
- 24/07/2018 - African Development Bank and partners to convene for talks on controlling Fall Armyworm threat in southern Africa
- 20/07/2018 - Launch Ceremony of Tunisia Drone Project financed by KOAFEC Trust Fund
- 19/07/2018 - President Adesina in Kenya to Support Africa’s Investment Agenda