Agriculture & Agro-industries
The overall Bank Group Vision for Agriculture and Rural Development is to strive to become the leading development finance institution in Africa, dedicated to assisting African regional member countries in their poverty reduction efforts.
This Vision thus focuses on the central goal of poverty reduction and, therefore, on agriculture and rural development as a prime building block, given the dominant role agriculture plays in most RMCs, as the key employer of the people and the main contributor to GDP, rural transformation, and economic growth.
More specifically, the Bank’s vision for the agriculture and rural development sector is to assume a leading catalytic role, within the next decade, in supporting the technological, institutional and policy changes that would trigger a lasting transformation of the rural economies of RMCs by empowering their rural populations to improve their productivity and real incomes in an equitable and environmentally sustainable manner. Hence, the thrust of the vision is client-focus, with “people-centered development” as the principal theme.
- 17/10/2018 - Young Africans fired up by African Development Bank agribusiness mentoring partnership with Purdue University
- 17/10/2018 - African Development Bank to showcase key agriculture initiatives at 2018 World Food Prize events
- 01/10/2018 - Sénégal : 60 millions € de la Banque africaine de développement pour appuyer le Programme d’urgence de développement communautaire
- 01/10/2018 - African Development Bank investments transform Madagascar’s key rice regions
- 26/09/2018 - African Development Bank seeks partnerships to lift 1 billion people out of hunger globally
- 26/09/2018 - African Development Bank Approves $50mn facility to support Nigeria’s rural populations
- 24/09/2018 - African Development Bank and Nigerian Economic Society to hold International Conference on Agricultural Value Chain(s) in Abuja, Nigeria
- 20/09/2018 - African Development Bank and Purdue University to hold conference on successful technologies for African farmers
- 14/09/2018 - African Agric Ministers, Private and Public Sector Leaders push for more investment, less talk