The African Development Bank (AfDB) has shown its commitment to help the continent cope with climate change. In 2009, the Bank Group developed its Strategy of Climate Risk Management and Adaptation (CRMA).
This strategy calls for increased support for capacity building of African countries to tackle climate change risks. It also ensures that all investments financed by the Bank are “climate-proof", meaning that they are designed, installed, implemented and managed to reduce to a minimal level the adverse effects of climate change, with the most cost-effective ratio as possible.
|P-GA-C00-001|| APPUI TECHNIQUE AU PROGRAMME NATIONAL D’EVALUATION ENVIRONNEMENTALE DES SITES INDUSTRIELS ET DES S ||ApprovedAPVD|
|P-MG-CZ0-002|| PROJET D’AMELIORATION DE L’EFFICACITE POUR LA REDUCTION DES RISQUES DE CATASTROPHES ||ApprovedAPVD|
|P-GM-C00-006|| GAMBIA STRATEGIC PROGRAM ON CLIMATE RESILIENCE (SPCR) ||OngoingOnGo|
- 20/11/2017 - AfDB co-hosts third ICAO World Aviation Forum
- 20/11/2017 - High-Level Officials and private sector leaders to chart actionable plan to accelerate Africa’s agricultural transformation
- 20/11/2017 - Industrialize Africa: Strategies, policies, institutions and financing
- 20/11/2017 - Why does Africa’s industrialization matter? Challenges and opportunities?
- 20/11/2017 - Africa Industrialization Day: AfDB reiterates the need to accelerate Africa’s development
- 17/11/2017 - Tanzania case study examines impact of hosting refugees over long and short term
- 17/11/2017 - Rwanda-AfDB: Board Approves US$ 171 Million Loans for Water and Sanitation Programme
- 16/11/2017 - Fighting climate change in Africa: AfDB launches Africa NDC Hub with 10 partners