The African Development Bank (AfDB) has shown its commitment to help the continent cope with climate change. In 2009, the Bank Group developed its Strategy of Climate Risk Management and Adaptation (CRMA).
This strategy calls for increased support for capacity building of African countries to tackle climate change risks. It also ensures that all investments financed by the Bank are “climate-proof", meaning that they are designed, installed, implemented and managed to reduce to a minimal level the adverse effects of climate change, with the most cost-effective ratio as possible.
|P-Z1-C00-043|| VAMPEEM – Valorization of African Medicinal Plant for Mainstreaming Entrepreneurship and Environmental |
|P-GA-C00-001|| APPUI TECHNIQUE AU PROGRAMME NATIONAL D’EVALUATION ENVIRONNEMENTALE DES SITES INDUSTRIELS ET DES S ||OngoingOnGo|
|P-MG-CZ0-002|| PROJET D’AMELIORATION DE L’EFFICACITE POUR LA REDUCTION DES RISQUES DE CATASTROPHES ||ApprovedAPVD|
- 20/04/2018 - MDBs launch new platform to coordinate support for economic migration and forced displacement
- 20/04/2018 - African Development Bank organizes Workshop on Strengthening Role of Parliament in Combating Illicit Financial Flows from Africa
- 19/04/2018 - Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank and African Development Bank sign MoU to promote cooperation
- 19/04/2018 - EIB and African Development Bank to support private sector investment in Nigeria with Development Bank of Nigeria backing
- 18/04/2018 - African Development Bank, African Institute of Mathematics and Science to transform industry-led research in Africa
- 18/04/2018 - Successful completion of Third West African Forum for Climate and Clean Energy Financing in Abidjan
- 18/04/2018 - Africa crafts message of sustainability for international climate negotiations
- 16/04/2018 - African Development Bank releases first-ever highlights of 2018 African Economic Outlook in Arabic, Hausa and Kiswahili