The African Development Bank (AfDB) has shown its commitment to help the continent cope with climate change. In 2009, the Bank Group developed its Strategy of Climate Risk Management and Adaptation (CRMA).
This strategy calls for increased support for capacity building of African countries to tackle climate change risks. It also ensures that all investments financed by the Bank are “climate-proof", meaning that they are designed, installed, implemented and managed to reduce to a minimal level the adverse effects of climate change, with the most cost-effective ratio as possible.
|P-Z1-C00-070|| TCHAD-ABN PROGRAMME INTEGRE DE DEVELOPPEMENT ET D'ADAPTATION AUX CC DANS LE BASSIN DU NIGER |
|P-ZW-CB0-001|| EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE TO SUPPORT EFFORTS TO CONTROL AND AVERT THE 2018 CHOLERA OUTBREAK ||ApprovedAPVD|
|P-Z1-C00-069|| NIGERIA-ABN PROGRAMME INTEGRE DE DEVELOPPEMENT ET D'ADAPTATION AUX CC DANS LE BASSIN DU NIGER |
- 15/02/2019 - Third review of African Development Bank’s Independent Review Mechanism to take place this year
- 14/02/2019 - South Africa hosts first-ever Africa Continental Play-based Learning Conference
- 13/02/2019 - Increasing the economic momentum of Africa-Korea partnerships to advance Africa’s agro-industrialization
- 12/02/2019 - La Banque africaine de développement et le Bureau international du travail soutiennent l’emploi des jeunes ruraux en Afrique centrale, afin de freiner l’exode vers les villes
- 12/02/2019 - African Union Commission, African Development Bank, reaffirm commitment to accelerate the continent’s economic transformation
- 12/02/2019 - Madagascar: African Development Bank agriculture infrastructure projects revive local economies of Indian Ocean island nation
- 12/02/2019 - African Development Bank and UN Women renew their partnership to accelerate gender equality and women’s empowerment in Africa
- 12/02/2019 - Water at last for Kuwadzana residents in Zimbabwe