2011-2015 AfDB Action Plan on Climate Change
The Climate Change Action Plan 2011-2015 articulates the Bank’s climate change objectives, principles, areas of focus, major activities, and investment plan. It supports the Bank in increasing its effectiveness and delivering on its core mission of poverty reduction and economic growth, while recognising the risks and opportunities to address the challenges of climate change.
This action plan rests on three pillars: low-carbon development, climate change adaptation and establishment of a climate change funding platform to be implemented through a mix of several financing options.
The AfDB is now advancing priority projects already identified by African countries that will support climate compatible development in Africa. About USD 11.5 billion worth of investments have been identified as existing demand, USD 5.6 billion for supporting low-carbon growth, and USD 5.8 billion for supporting climate-resilient development.
The Bank’s Climate Change Action Plan is informed by and guides the implementation of the Bank’s Climate Risk Management and Adaptation Strategy and Clean Energy Investment Framework, which address the broader issues of climate change adaptation and mitigation respectively.
- 15/08/2018 - Canadian Minister of International Development visits African Development Bank in Côte d’Ivoire, reinforces Canada’s role in Africa
- 14/08/2018 - The Youth – Africa’s Most Valuable Resource for Economic Transformation
- 14/08/2018 - Assessing development effectiveness: 2017 Annual Report highlights IDEV’s contribution to the Bank’s delivery on the High 5s
- 10/08/2018 - Nairobi-Addis Ababa road corridor boosts trade in East and Horn of Africa
- 09/08/2018 - Japanese Public and private entities show interest in Africa Investment Forum
- 09/08/2018 - African Development Bank hosts Partnership Day with International Finance Corporation
- 06/08/2018 - African Development Bank and South African Embassy to host a joint lecture to celebrate Nelson Mandela centenary in Cote d’Ivoire
- 06/08/2018 - African Development Bank Offers New Financing Opportunities for Zambia’s Water and Agriculture Sectors