2011-2015 AfDB Action Plan on Climate Change
The Climate Change Action Plan 2011-2015 articulates the Bank’s climate change objectives, principles, areas of focus, major activities, and investment plan. It supports the Bank in increasing its effectiveness and delivering on its core mission of poverty reduction and economic growth, while recognising the risks and opportunities to address the challenges of climate change.
This action plan rests on three pillars: low-carbon development, climate change adaptation and establishment of a climate change funding platform to be implemented through a mix of several financing options.
The AfDB is now advancing priority projects already identified by African countries that will support climate compatible development in Africa. About USD 11.5 billion worth of investments have been identified as existing demand, USD 5.6 billion for supporting low-carbon growth, and USD 5.8 billion for supporting climate-resilient development.
The Bank’s Climate Change Action Plan is informed by and guides the implementation of the Bank’s Climate Risk Management and Adaptation Strategy and Clean Energy Investment Framework, which address the broader issues of climate change adaptation and mitigation respectively.
- 24/04/2018 - African Legal Support Facility meets with industry experts at the 2018 International Petroleum Summit
- 24/04/2018 - Cameroon: 25th Member State to ratify the African Legal Support Facility Treaty
- 24/04/2018 - African Development Bank calls for domestic financing solutions alongside aid in fight against malaria
- 24/04/2018 - Multilateral development banks present study on technology’s impact on jobs
- 23/04/2018 - President Adesina to speak at Tanzania’s Union Day celebration, commission Dodoma-Babati regional road
- 20/04/2018 - MDBs launch new platform to coordinate support for economic migration and forced displacement
- 20/04/2018 - African Development Bank organizes Workshop on Strengthening Role of Parliament in Combating Illicit Financial Flows from Africa
- 19/04/2018 - Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank and African Development Bank sign MoU to promote cooperation