2011-2015 AfDB Action Plan on Climate Change
The Climate Change Action Plan 2011-2015 articulates the Bank’s climate change objectives, principles, areas of focus, major activities, and investment plan. It supports the Bank in increasing its effectiveness and delivering on its core mission of poverty reduction and economic growth, while recognising the risks and opportunities to address the challenges of climate change.
This action plan rests on three pillars: low-carbon development, climate change adaptation and establishment of a climate change funding platform to be implemented through a mix of several financing options.
The AfDB is now advancing priority projects already identified by African countries that will support climate compatible development in Africa. About USD 11.5 billion worth of investments have been identified as existing demand, USD 5.6 billion for supporting low-carbon growth, and USD 5.8 billion for supporting climate-resilient development.
The Bank’s Climate Change Action Plan is informed by and guides the implementation of the Bank’s Climate Risk Management and Adaptation Strategy and Clean Energy Investment Framework, which address the broader issues of climate change adaptation and mitigation respectively.
- 22/03/2019 - L'accès rapide aux engrais à un coût abordable, clé d'un développement agricole durable en Afrique
- 22/03/2019 - Integrity in Development Projects: The African Development Bank and GE Power Reach Settlement on Legacy Alstom Misconduct
- 21/03/2019 - African Development Bank, MaMo Panel call for increased efforts towards a thriving African agriculture
- 21/03/2019 - Malawi: From boreholes to public taps: rural communities to access improved water supply thanks to the African development Bank
- 21/03/2019 - South Sudan: African Development Bank, ATI support leads to US$ 27.62 million in commercial risk insurance cover
- 21/03/2019 - Egypt’s Stock Exchange meets African Development Bank on initiative to integrate Africa’s capital markets
- 20/03/2019 - Speech by President Akinwumi A. Adesina at the First Consultative Meeting of the 15th Replenishment of the African Development Fund (ADF), held in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire, March 20, 2019
- 20/03/2019 - Climate Action: African Development Bank calls for global collaboration to turn Nationally Determined Contributions into investment plans