Climate Finance Tracking at AfDB
There is wide agreement that rapid and successful deployment of international public finance is a critical first step in allowing developing countries to adapt to climate change. It is also widely recognized, in particular by developing countries, that there is a considerable need to track and report financial flows that support climate change mitigation and adaptation, to build trust and accountability with regard to climate finance commitments and to monitor trends and progress in climate-related investment.
A comprehensive picture of the climate finance landscape is critical to this end and, ultimately, a prerequisite for ensuring the effective and productive use of available financial resources.
Responding to this need, the AfDB developed its own climate finance tracking methodology while contributing to the development of a joint multilateral development bank methodology for the tracking of both adaptation and mitigation finance – with the AfDB leading the work on the adaptation methodology. Moreover, the AfDB has furthered the work by developing four sector-specific guidance manuals for transport, water, energy and agriculture, additional analytical work and contributing to the OECD discussions on refining the Rio Markers.
- 23/06/2017 - Zimbabwe launches Beef and Leather Value Chain Technical Assistance Project
- 21/06/2017 - Sénégal - Financé par la BAD, le Train express régional va révolutionner le quotidien des Dakarois
- 20/06/2017 - AfDB to support Mozambique SMEs in the construction sector along Nacala Corridor
- 20/06/2017 - Côte d’Ivoire, la BAD remet des équipements et outils de terrain pour la gestion intégrée du Bassin versant du Gourou
- 19/06/2017 - The African Development Bank announces the appointment of Vanessa Moungar as Director for Gender, Women and Civil Society
- 19/06/2017 - AfDB, African Legal Support Facility lead call for energy in Africa at Copenhagen forum
- 19/06/2017 - RDC, SEFA investit 1 million de dollars EU pour faciliter l’accès à l’électricité à 10.000 familles dans la Province du Nord Kivu
- 16/06/2017 - AfDB working with partners to accelerate implementation of drought resilience programme