Climate Finance Tracking at AfDB
There is wide agreement that rapid and successful deployment of international public finance is a critical first step in allowing developing countries to adapt to climate change. It is also widely recognized, in particular by developing countries, that there is a considerable need to track and report financial flows that support climate change mitigation and adaptation, to build trust and accountability with regard to climate finance commitments and to monitor trends and progress in climate-related investment.
A comprehensive picture of the climate finance landscape is critical to this end and, ultimately, a prerequisite for ensuring the effective and productive use of available financial resources.
Responding to this need, the AfDB developed its own climate finance tracking methodology while contributing to the development of a joint multilateral development bank methodology for the tracking of both adaptation and mitigation finance – with the AfDB leading the work on the adaptation methodology. Moreover, the AfDB has furthered the work by developing four sector-specific guidance manuals for transport, water, energy and agriculture, additional analytical work and contributing to the OECD discussions on refining the Rio Markers.
- 24/07/2017 - AfDB briefs Donors on its new strategy for Somalia and the status of the Multi-Partner Somalia Infrastructure Fund
- 21/07/2017 - African Economic Conference 2017 to focus on Governance for Structural Transformation - Calls for papers
- 20/07/2017 - ALSF Management Board welcomes its two newest members, Bruce Montador and Rafique Mahomed
- 19/07/2017 - L’ADEA félicite le Ghana et les Seychelles pour la qualité de leur système d’information pour la gestion de l’enseignement supérieur (SIGES)
- 19/07/2017 - Speech by Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank at the State Dinner offered by H.E. Philemon YANG Prime Minister, Head of Government Republic of Cameroon
- 19/07/2017 - Tanzania wins US$21.7 million from Climate Investment Funds to advance geothermal exploration and transform its energy sector
- 18/07/2017 - Paul Biya manifeste son soutien au président de la BAD : « Grâce à vos efforts, le développement de l’Afrique va s’accélérer »
- 18/07/2017 - La BAD dégage 28,9 milliards de francs CFA en soutien à la gouvernance économique et à la croissance en Côte d’Ivoire