Climate Finance Tracking at AfDB
There is wide agreement that rapid and successful deployment of international public finance is a critical first step in allowing developing countries to adapt to climate change. It is also widely recognized, in particular by developing countries, that there is a considerable need to track and report financial flows that support climate change mitigation and adaptation, to build trust and accountability with regard to climate finance commitments and to monitor trends and progress in climate-related investment.
A comprehensive picture of the climate finance landscape is critical to this end and, ultimately, a prerequisite for ensuring the effective and productive use of available financial resources.
Responding to this need, the AfDB developed its own climate finance tracking methodology while contributing to the development of a joint multilateral development bank methodology for the tracking of both adaptation and mitigation finance – with the AfDB leading the work on the adaptation methodology. Moreover, the AfDB has furthered the work by developing four sector-specific guidance manuals for transport, water, energy and agriculture, additional analytical work and contributing to the OECD discussions on refining the Rio Markers.
- 19/02/2018 - Flux financiers illicites en Afrique de l'Ouest : lancement du nouveau rapport conjoint de la Banque africaine de développement et de l'OCDE
- 19/02/2018 - Executive Directors of the African Development Bank Conclude Consultation Mission to Sudan
- 19/02/2018 - African Development Bank Group rallies support for Gambia’s National Development Plan 2018-2021
- 16/02/2018 - Strengthening Regional Collaboration on STI, Education & Research Networks in Africa
- 15/02/2018 - Africa commits to support youth to build tomorrow's society through innovation
- 15/02/2018 - ADEA-USAID Global Book Alliance Partnership: Time to Eliminate Book Hunger for Children in Africa
- 15/02/2018 - The African Development Bank updates its African Bond Index
- 14/02/2018 - Digital finance is a powerful lever for real change, African Development Bank Vice-President Pierre Guislain tells Resilience Forum