Climate Finance Tracking at AfDB
There is wide agreement that rapid and successful deployment of international public finance is a critical first step in allowing developing countries to adapt to climate change. It is also widely recognized, in particular by developing countries, that there is a considerable need to track and report financial flows that support climate change mitigation and adaptation, to build trust and accountability with regard to climate finance commitments and to monitor trends and progress in climate-related investment.
A comprehensive picture of the climate finance landscape is critical to this end and, ultimately, a prerequisite for ensuring the effective and productive use of available financial resources.
Responding to this need, the AfDB developed its own climate finance tracking methodology while contributing to the development of a joint multilateral development bank methodology for the tracking of both adaptation and mitigation finance – with the AfDB leading the work on the adaptation methodology. Moreover, the AfDB has furthered the work by developing four sector-specific guidance manuals for transport, water, energy and agriculture, additional analytical work and contributing to the OECD discussions on refining the Rio Markers.
- 14/11/2018 - 111 nouvelles start-up tunisiennes célébrées par Souk At-tanmia
- 14/11/2018 - Africa Investment Forum 2018: a new bold vision tilts capital flows into Africa
- 14/11/2018 - Tunisie : la Banque africaine de développement débloque 1 million de dollars pour réhabiliter les établissements scolaires affectés par les inondations
- 14/11/2018 - A-List Attendees throw weight behind Africa Investment Forum 2018
- 14/11/2018 - Donors commend NEPAD-IPPF’s operational performances
- 14/11/2018 - Africa Investment Forum 2018: Use of blended finance as a tool for scaling up investment in Africa, on the rise
- 14/11/2018 - Board approves €7 million investment in Partech Africa Fund
- 13/11/2018 - At Africa Investment Forum 2018, Fashionomics Africa cocktail event wows crowd with creative artistry, investment opportunities