The African Development Bank (AfDB) has shown its commitment to help the continent cope with climate change. In 2009, the Bank Group developed its Strategy of Climate Risk Management and Adaptation (CRMA).
This strategy calls for increased support for capacity building of African countries to tackle climate change risks. It also ensures that all investments financed by the Bank are “climate-proof", meaning that they are designed, installed, implemented and managed to reduce to a minimal level the adverse effects of climate change, with the most cost-effective ratio as possible.
TCHAD-ABN PROGRAMME INTEGRE DE DEVELOPPEMENT ET D'ADAPTATION AUX CC DANS LE BASSIN DU NIGER
EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE TO SUPPORT EFFORTS TO CONTROL AND AVERT THE 2018 CHOLERA OUTBREAK
NIGERIA-ABN PROGRAMME INTEGRE DE DEVELOPPEMENT ET D'ADAPTATION AUX CC DANS LE BASSIN DU NIGER
- 22/03/2019 - Energy stakeholders call for new financing mechanisms to support off-grid and mini-grid connectivity in Africa
- 22/03/2019 - African Development Bank launches pilot phase of Adaptation Benefits Mechanism
- 22/03/2019 - L'accès rapide aux engrais à un coût abordable, clé d'un développement agricole durable en Afrique
- 22/03/2019 - Integrity in Development Projects: The African Development Bank and GE Power Reach Settlement on Legacy Alstom Misconduct
- 21/03/2019 - African Development Bank, MaMo Panel call for increased efforts towards a thriving African agriculture
- 21/03/2019 - Malawi: From boreholes to public taps: rural communities to access improved water supply thanks to the African Development Bank
- 21/03/2019 - South Sudan: African Development Bank, ATI support leads to US$ 27.62 million in commercial risk insurance cover
- 21/03/2019 - Egypt’s Stock Exchange meets African Development Bank on initiative to integrate Africa’s capital markets