The African Development Bank (AfDB) has shown its commitment to help the continent cope with climate change. In 2009, the Bank Group developed its Strategy of Climate Risk Management and Adaptation (CRMA).
This strategy calls for increased support for capacity building of African countries to tackle climate change risks. It also ensures that all investments financed by the Bank are “climate-proof", meaning that they are designed, installed, implemented and managed to reduce to a minimal level the adverse effects of climate change, with the most cost-effective ratio as possible.
|P-GA-C00-001|| APPUI TECHNIQUE AU PROGRAMME NATIONAL D’EVALUATION ENVIRONNEMENTALE DES SITES INDUSTRIELS ET DES S ||ApprovedAPVD|
|P-MG-CZ0-002|| PROJET D’AMELIORATION DE L’EFFICACITE POUR LA REDUCTION DES RISQUES DE CATASTROPHES ||ApprovedAPVD|
|P-GM-C00-006|| GAMBIA STRATEGIC PROGRAM ON CLIMATE RESILIENCE (SPCR) ||OngoingOnGo|
- 20/10/2017 - AfDB’s agricultural transformation strategy to guarantee 513 million tons of additional food production
- 20/10/2017 - Adesina to set up fund for young farmers, agripreneurs with US $250,000 World Food Prize money
- 20/10/2017 - World Food Prize Laureate says recognition motivates him to accelerate Africa’s agricultural transformation
- 20/10/2017 - Adesina calls for immediate action over deepening crisis of global malnutrition
- 19/10/2017 - AfDB and OpenOil launch report on how African governments manage extractive resources
- 19/10/2017 - Going Digital - AfDB’s ‘50 Million Women Speak Digital Platform’ set to create Digital Value that underpins Africa’s future economic transformation
- 19/10/2017 - Un don de plus de 2 millions d’euros de la BAD à la CEEAC
- 19/10/2017 - AfDB launches pilot programme to cultivate the savannah in eight African countries