The perceived risks of climate change initiatives are high due to the relative long-term maturity of such investments and the sometimes new or expensive technology to be utilised. The Bank plays a key role in backing such initiatives with its own resources, including leveraging financing from other sources, to incite investor confidence and participation in this emerging area.
Climate change is a global challenge that requires a global response. AfDB is working alongside other development partners including other Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs), UN organisations and bilateral development agencies to implement interventions that help Africa adapt to a changing climate as well as mitigate its risks.
- 24/11/2017 - Intégration régionale : 107 millions de dollars de la BAD pour une route entre le Burkina Faso et le Niger
- 24/11/2017 - Tchad : un don de la BAD de plus de 64 millions de dollars
- 24/11/2017 - AfDB to participate at 5th African Union – European Union Summit
- 24/11/2017 - La BAD accorde un prêt de 50 millions d’euros en faveur d’ Oragroup
- 24/11/2017 - AfDB earmarks US$84m for skills and business development in Rwanda
- 24/11/2017 - AfDB approves US $97.79 million for financing energy transmission and distribution upgrade in Ethiopia
- 24/11/2017 - Africa Capital Works Fund wins US$ 15m AfDB equity investment
- 24/11/2017 - Launch of the First Enabling Youth Employment Index Report for Africa