Governance for a better life
"Governance for a better life" is a perfect illustration of how concrete and palpable our governance, economic and financial management projects can be.
It also shows the multiplying effect of our projects, which are designed to create synergies and opportunities.
This book is about the impact of our projects on people, and how they are transforming lives. It is full of illustration, and testimony.
Based on true stories, this book describes some of our efforts to implement inclusive growth projects, a growth that creates opportunities for all.
This book is part of a four-part series, "For a Better Life", which brings a vibrant and optimistic message on Africa's prospects. From agriculture to human development, from water and sanitation to governance and financial and economic reforms, these books tell the stories of men and women who were able to take their destiny into their own hands.
These four areas - in which the African Development Bank's active portfolio stands at about USD 10 billion - play a crucial role in achieving its twin objectives of promoting inclusive growth and supporting the transition to green growth.
'For a Better Life: Promoting a business-friendly environment to promote investment and job creation and wealth' features the initiatives that have taken off in countries such as Morocco, The Gambia and Rwanda in support of private sector development.
- 21/01/2019 - Première réunion statutaire du comité Banque africaine de développement-société civile
- 21/01/2019 - Nigeria: Fertilizer Project Raises Yields by Over 50%, Showcases Successful PPP’s
- 18/01/2019 - African Development Bank’s Executive Directors to visit the Kingdom of Eswatini
- 18/01/2019 - African Development Bank and ICRC join forces to accelerate economic resilience in fragile contexts
- 18/01/2019 - Mozambique: transformation of small-scale farm industry results in promising rice crop production
- 17/01/2019 - African Economic Outlook 2019: Africa growth prospects remain steady, industry should lead growth
- 17/01/2019 - African Development Bank and Rwanda Sign financing agreements worth €115 million for water projects
- 15/01/2019 - The African Legal Support Facility to receive € 5 million grant from the European Union