Governance for a better life
"Governance for a better life" is a perfect illustration of how concrete and palpable our governance, economic and financial management projects can be.
It also shows the multiplying effect of our projects, which are designed to create synergies and opportunities.
This book is about the impact of our projects on people, and how they are transforming lives. It is full of illustration, and testimony.
Based on true stories, this book describes some of our efforts to implement inclusive growth projects, a growth that creates opportunities for all.
This book is part of a four-part series, "For a Better Life", which brings a vibrant and optimistic message on Africa's prospects. From agriculture to human development, from water and sanitation to governance and financial and economic reforms, these books tell the stories of men and women who were able to take their destiny into their own hands.
These four areas - in which the African Development Bank's active portfolio stands at about USD 10 billion - play a crucial role in achieving its twin objectives of promoting inclusive growth and supporting the transition to green growth.
'For a Better Life: Promoting a business-friendly environment to promote investment and job creation and wealth' features the initiatives that have taken off in countries such as Morocco, The Gambia and Rwanda in support of private sector development.
- 19/01/2018 - Énergie au Mali : 12 500 nouveaux abonnés raccordés au réseau grâce à 28 millions de dollars de financement de la Banque africaine de développement
- 19/01/2018 - Nigeria makes formal request to host African Development Bank’s regional hub
- 19/01/2018 - “African Development Bank’s lifeline lifted Nigeria out of recession”: Buhari
- 18/01/2018 - Speech by Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank, on the occasion of the commissioning of the Bank’s Purpose-Built Office Building by His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday, January 18, 2018 in Abuja, Nigeria
- 18/01/2018 - USAID and the Association for the Development of Education in Africa launch Global Book Alliance workshop in Africa
- 18/01/2018 - Address by His Excellency, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, Vice-President, on behalf of Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, at the commissioning of the African Development Bank’s Nigeria Country Office - Abuja, 18/01/2018
- 18/01/2018 - Address delivered by the Honourable Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, at the commissioning of the African Development Bank’s Nigeria Country Department Building in Abuja, Nigeria, on Thursday, January 18, 2018
- 18/01/2018 - "African cooperation: dream or reality?" - Nobel Peace Prize co-recipient Ouided Bouchamaoui invited as African Development Bank Eminent Speaker