Governance for a better life
"Governance for a better life" is a perfect illustration of how concrete and palpable our governance, economic and financial management projects can be.
It also shows the multiplying effect of our projects, which are designed to create synergies and opportunities.
This book is about the impact of our projects on people, and how they are transforming lives. It is full of illustration, and testimony.
Based on true stories, this book describes some of our efforts to implement inclusive growth projects, a growth that creates opportunities for all.
This book is part of a four-part series, "For a Better Life", which brings a vibrant and optimistic message on Africa's prospects. From agriculture to human development, from water and sanitation to governance and financial and economic reforms, these books tell the stories of men and women who were able to take their destiny into their own hands.
These four areas - in which the African Development Bank's active portfolio stands at about USD 10 billion - play a crucial role in achieving its twin objectives of promoting inclusive growth and supporting the transition to green growth.
'For a Better Life: Promoting a business-friendly environment to promote investment and job creation and wealth' features the initiatives that have taken off in countries such as Morocco, The Gambia and Rwanda in support of private sector development.
- 23/06/2017 - Zimbabwe launches Beef and Leather Value Chain Technical Assistance Project
- 21/06/2017 - Sénégal - Financé par la BAD, le Train express régional va révolutionner le quotidien des Dakarois
- 20/06/2017 - AfDB to support Mozambique SMEs in the construction sector along Nacala Corridor
- 20/06/2017 - Côte d’Ivoire, la BAD remet des équipements et outils de terrain pour la gestion intégrée du Bassin versant du Gourou
- 19/06/2017 - The African Development Bank announces the appointment of Vanessa Moungar as Director for Gender, Women and Civil Society
- 19/06/2017 - AfDB, African Legal Support Facility lead call for energy in Africa at Copenhagen forum
- 19/06/2017 - RDC, SEFA investit 1 million de dollars EU pour faciliter l’accès à l’électricité à 10.000 familles dans la Province du Nord Kivu
- 16/06/2017 - AfDB working with partners to accelerate implementation of drought resilience programme