Governance for a better life
"Governance for a better life" is a perfect illustration of how concrete and palpable our governance, economic and financial management projects can be.
It also shows the multiplying effect of our projects, which are designed to create synergies and opportunities.
This book is about the impact of our projects on people, and how they are transforming lives. It is full of illustration, and testimony.
Based on true stories, this book describes some of our efforts to implement inclusive growth projects, a growth that creates opportunities for all.
This book is part of a four-part series, "For a Better Life", which brings a vibrant and optimistic message on Africa's prospects. From agriculture to human development, from water and sanitation to governance and financial and economic reforms, these books tell the stories of men and women who were able to take their destiny into their own hands.
These four areas - in which the African Development Bank's active portfolio stands at about USD 10 billion - play a crucial role in achieving its twin objectives of promoting inclusive growth and supporting the transition to green growth.
'For a Better Life: Promoting a business-friendly environment to promote investment and job creation and wealth' features the initiatives that have taken off in countries such as Morocco, The Gambia and Rwanda in support of private sector development.
- 23/11/2017 - AfDB boosts African Agriculture and nutrition with US$ 10 million equity investment in Phatisa Food Fund
- 23/11/2017 - AfDB President expresses desire for pipeline of young talent in meeting with Young Professionals
- 23/11/2017 - Madagascar : la BAD approuve le Document de stratégie pays 2017-2021 en vue d’une transformation structurelle accélérée et d’une économie inclusive
- 22/11/2017 - La BAD accorde un prêt de 50 millions de dollars EU à la Société nationale industrielle et minière de Mauritanie (SNIM)
- 22/11/2017 - AfDB Group approves €122m loan for Tunisia road improvement Project
- 22/11/2017 - ALSF and Connex Support Initiative capacity building to strengthen corporate governance in the extractives sector
- 22/11/2017 - IATA, African Development Bank sign MoU to advance Africa’s aviation
- 21/11/2017 - Africa must implement 1999 Yamoussoukro agreement for open skies, says AfDB President