Governance for a better life
"Governance for a better life" is a perfect illustration of how concrete and palpable our governance, economic and financial management projects can be.
It also shows the multiplying effect of our projects, which are designed to create synergies and opportunities.
This book is about the impact of our projects on people, and how they are transforming lives. It is full of illustration, and testimony.
Based on true stories, this book describes some of our efforts to implement inclusive growth projects, a growth that creates opportunities for all.
This book is part of a four-part series, "For a Better Life", which brings a vibrant and optimistic message on Africa's prospects. From agriculture to human development, from water and sanitation to governance and financial and economic reforms, these books tell the stories of men and women who were able to take their destiny into their own hands.
These four areas - in which the African Development Bank's active portfolio stands at about USD 10 billion - play a crucial role in achieving its twin objectives of promoting inclusive growth and supporting the transition to green growth.
'For a Better Life: Promoting a business-friendly environment to promote investment and job creation and wealth' features the initiatives that have taken off in countries such as Morocco, The Gambia and Rwanda in support of private sector development.
- 19/07/2018 - Africa50 Meeting: Kenyatta and Adesina call for accelerated private sector investment in infrastructure
- 19/07/2018 - African Development Bank and Portuguese-speaking countries sign declaration to spur economic development in Lusophone Africa
- 19/07/2018 - President Adesina in Kenya to Support Africa’s Investment Agenda
- 18/07/2018 - Réforme dans le secteur de l’énergie au Burkina Faso : Un prêt de 18 millions d’euros de la Banque africaine de développement
- 18/07/2018 - Namibia secures ZAR 3 billion budget support loan from African Development Bank
- 18/07/2018 - Cabo Verde: African Development Bank approves €20 million for private sector competitiveness & local economic development program
- 18/07/2018 - Remarks by Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, President, Africa Development Bank at the 12th Conference of Heads of State and Governments of the Community of Portuguese Languages Countries, held at Santa Maria, Sal, Cabo Verde, July 17-18, 2018
- 18/07/2018 - African Development Bank approves South Africa Country Strategy Paper