Governance for a better life
"Governance for a better life" is a perfect illustration of how concrete and palpable our governance, economic and financial management projects can be.
It also shows the multiplying effect of our projects, which are designed to create synergies and opportunities.
This book is about the impact of our projects on people, and how they are transforming lives. It is full of illustration, and testimony.
Based on true stories, this book describes some of our efforts to implement inclusive growth projects, a growth that creates opportunities for all.
This book is part of a four-part series, "For a Better Life", which brings a vibrant and optimistic message on Africa's prospects. From agriculture to human development, from water and sanitation to governance and financial and economic reforms, these books tell the stories of men and women who were able to take their destiny into their own hands.
These four areas - in which the African Development Bank's active portfolio stands at about USD 10 billion - play a crucial role in achieving its twin objectives of promoting inclusive growth and supporting the transition to green growth.
'For a Better Life: Promoting a business-friendly environment to promote investment and job creation and wealth' features the initiatives that have taken off in countries such as Morocco, The Gambia and Rwanda in support of private sector development.
- 22/09/2017 - The Bank Group has approved EUR 15 million equity investment in the Mediterrania Capital Fund III (MC III)
- 22/09/2017 - AfDB, AU, UN agencies pledge more action for Africa’s industrial transformation
- 22/09/2017 - The Third Industrial Development Decade for Africa: From political commitment to actions on the ground
- 22/09/2017 - Intense émotion à la cérémonie de la BAD en hommage à feu Babacar Ndiaye, son ancien président
- 22/09/2017 - Le président de la BAD effectuera une visite de travail au Burkina Faso du 27 au 29 septembre
- 22/09/2017 - AfDB will be one of the key collaborating partners for the 2018 World Water Week
- 22/09/2017 - AfDB and Korea launch preparations for 2018 Annual Meetings in Busan
- 20/09/2017 - Séminaire sur le financement du commerce international : un co-événement de la BAD et l’UBAF