Governance for a better life
"Governance for a better life" is a perfect illustration of how concrete and palpable our governance, economic and financial management projects can be.
It also shows the multiplying effect of our projects, which are designed to create synergies and opportunities.
This book is about the impact of our projects on people, and how they are transforming lives. It is full of illustration, and testimony.
Based on true stories, this book describes some of our efforts to implement inclusive growth projects, a growth that creates opportunities for all.
This book is part of a four-part series, "For a Better Life", which brings a vibrant and optimistic message on Africa's prospects. From agriculture to human development, from water and sanitation to governance and financial and economic reforms, these books tell the stories of men and women who were able to take their destiny into their own hands.
These four areas - in which the African Development Bank's active portfolio stands at about USD 10 billion - play a crucial role in achieving its twin objectives of promoting inclusive growth and supporting the transition to green growth.
'For a Better Life: Promoting a business-friendly environment to promote investment and job creation and wealth' features the initiatives that have taken off in countries such as Morocco, The Gambia and Rwanda in support of private sector development.
- 17/10/2017 - Africa holds the key for feeding 9 billion people by 2050, Adesina says during Norman Borlaug Lecture
- 17/10/2017 - Betting on Africa to Feed the World: Lecture Delivered by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, PhD, President, African Development Bank, World Food Prize Laureate 2017, At Norman Borlaug Lecture at Iowa State University, Des Moines Iowa, USA, October 17, 2017
- 16/10/2017 - Policy reforms urgently required for increased private investment in agriculture and agribusiness in Africa, says Blanke
- 16/10/2017 - World Food Day: AfDB urges African leaders to make agriculture attractive to young Africans and stem migration
- 15/10/2017 - Transforming agriculture in Africa
- 13/10/2017 - “Betting on Africa to Feed the World”: Adesina, 2017 World Food Prize Laureate, to deliver Norman Borlaug Lecture on World Food Day
- 12/10/2017 - Invitation to the launch of the Africa Water Facility Long Term Strategy (2017-2025)
- 12/10/2017 - Africa’s Economic Performance improves in 2017