Governance for a better life
"Governance for a better life" is a perfect illustration of how concrete and palpable our governance, economic and financial management projects can be.
It also shows the multiplying effect of our projects, which are designed to create synergies and opportunities.
This book is about the impact of our projects on people, and how they are transforming lives. It is full of illustration, and testimony.
Based on true stories, this book describes some of our efforts to implement inclusive growth projects, a growth that creates opportunities for all.
This book is part of a four-part series, "For a Better Life", which brings a vibrant and optimistic message on Africa's prospects. From agriculture to human development, from water and sanitation to governance and financial and economic reforms, these books tell the stories of men and women who were able to take their destiny into their own hands.
These four areas - in which the African Development Bank's active portfolio stands at about USD 10 billion - play a crucial role in achieving its twin objectives of promoting inclusive growth and supporting the transition to green growth.
'For a Better Life: Promoting a business-friendly environment to promote investment and job creation and wealth' features the initiatives that have taken off in countries such as Morocco, The Gambia and Rwanda in support of private sector development.
- 19/09/2018 - African Development Bank President Adesina urges Canada to be present at Africa’s investment table
- 19/09/2018 - In Japan, African Development Bank President woos investors, promotes development agenda for Africa through agriculture
- 19/09/2018 - La Banque africaine de développement émet une obligation globale de référence de 2 milliards $ à 5 ans
- 18/09/2018 - What could women do with $ 3 billion?
- 18/09/2018 - Remarks by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank at the lunch meeting with the African Diplomatic Community in Tokyo, Japan - September 6, 2018
- 18/09/2018 - African Development Bank, Mariner Investment Group, and Africa50 Price Landmark $1 Billion Impact Securitization
- 17/09/2018 - “The status quo must change.” - Adesina tells FinDev Canada conference in Montreal
- 17/09/2018 - The African Development Bank and MCB Group launch African Domestic Bond Fund