Governance for a better life
"Governance for a better life" is a perfect illustration of how concrete and palpable our governance, economic and financial management projects can be.
It also shows the multiplying effect of our projects, which are designed to create synergies and opportunities.
This book is about the impact of our projects on people, and how they are transforming lives. It is full of illustration, and testimony.
Based on true stories, this book describes some of our efforts to implement inclusive growth projects, a growth that creates opportunities for all.
This book is part of a four-part series, "For a Better Life", which brings a vibrant and optimistic message on Africa's prospects. From agriculture to human development, from water and sanitation to governance and financial and economic reforms, these books tell the stories of men and women who were able to take their destiny into their own hands.
These four areas - in which the African Development Bank's active portfolio stands at about USD 10 billion - play a crucial role in achieving its twin objectives of promoting inclusive growth and supporting the transition to green growth.
'For a Better Life: Promoting a business-friendly environment to promote investment and job creation and wealth' features the initiatives that have taken off in countries such as Morocco, The Gambia and Rwanda in support of private sector development.
- 19/07/2017 - L’ADEA félicite le Ghana et les Seychelles pour la qualité de leur système d’information pour la gestion de l’enseignement supérieur (SIGES)
- 19/07/2017 - Speech by Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank at the State Dinner offered by H.E. Philemon YANG Prime Minister, Head of Government Republic of Cameroon
- 19/07/2017 - Tanzania wins US$21.7 million from Climate Investment Funds to advance geothermal exploration and transform its energy sector
- 18/07/2017 - Paul Biya manifeste son soutien au président de la BAD : « Grâce à vos efforts, le développement de l’Afrique va s’accélérer »
- 18/07/2017 - La BAD dégage 28,9 milliards de francs CFA en soutien à la gouvernance économique et à la croissance en Côte d’Ivoire
- 18/07/2017 - Cameroon: AfDB President lays foundation stone of Lom Pangar Dam power plant
- 17/07/2017 - African Parliamentarians’ Network on Development Evaluation Gains Momentum
- 17/07/2017 - Improving Accountability of Development Projects in West Africa - Joint CAO-IFC / BCRM-AfDB Regional Workshops in Abidjan