Health and the provision of quality health services for all are vital to the growth and prosperity of Africa. Africa has 6 out of 10 fastest growing economies but it also has the highest disease burden in the world.
The AfDB invests in health systems that provide access to quality services for all and health industries that foster economic growth, technological innovation and job creation.
- 04/02/2016 - AfDB Group approves US $91-million investment in water supply and sanitation for Uganda
- 19/11/2015 - World Toilet Day - AfDB mobilises support to end flying toilets and open defecation
- 27/10/2014 - Leaders Commit Billions in Major New Development Initiative for the Horn of Africa
- 03/10/2014 - AfDB approves US $98.22-million loan for biomedical sciences education in East Africa
- 06/11/2013 - AfDB rolls out the first capacity building program on Value for Money in Social Service Delivery in East Africa
- 26/07/2013 - US Treasury recognizes five exceptional projects at Development Impact Awards ceremony