Human Capital Development
Africa is going through profound shifts - demographic, economical, technological, political and environmental. These severely affect its most important resource: Africa’s 1 billion people.
Africa’s economic growth (on average 6%) has not been inclusive and its people have not reaped the benefits.
With the continent’s population set to more than double by 2050, its greatest asset will be Africa’s capacity to harness its human capital.
In order to capture this demographic dividend, the AfDB’s new Human Capital Development Strategy will focuse on skills for competitiveness and employment opportunities, value for money, accountability and voice in efficient and inclusive service delivery and financial and social systems that ensure inclusion and social cohesion.
- 11/10/2018 - Tunisie : 76 millions d’euros de la Banque africaine de développement pour améliorer l’assainissement des petites communes
- 01/10/2018 - African Development Bank investments transform Madagascar’s key rice regions
- 31/08/2018 - 5 milliards de francs CFA de la Banque africaine de développement pour insuffler une nouvelle dynamique au Centre régional de formation en entretien routier (CERFER)
- 23/08/2018 - Small-scale horticulture project transforming lives in Kenya
- 02/08/2018 - African Development Bank calls for greater push for breastfeeding to jumpstart wellbeing of future generation
- 07/06/2018 - We have high hopes and expectations for your country, Adesina tells President of São Tomé and Príncipe