Human Capital Development
Africa is going through profound shifts - demographic, economical, technological, political and environmental. These severely affect its most important resource: Africa’s 1 billion people.
Africa’s economic growth (on average 6%) has not been inclusive and its people have not reaped the benefits.
With the continent’s population set to more than double by 2050, its greatest asset will be Africa’s capacity to harness its human capital.
In order to capture this demographic dividend, the AfDB’s new Human Capital Development Strategy will focuse on skills for competitiveness and employment opportunities, value for money, accountability and voice in efficient and inclusive service delivery and financial and social systems that ensure inclusion and social cohesion.
- 14/02/2019 - South Africa hosts first-ever Africa Continental Play-based Learning Conference
- 11/01/2019 - Seychelles launches new HR policy and strategy 2018-2022
- 10/12/2018 - L’état des villes africaines 2018
- 05/12/2018 - Ghana : La « féminisation de la pauvreté » contredite par l’impact du Tarif extérieur commun
- 30/11/2018 - African Development Bank Staff Council and Lion Club clean up flood-hit Ivorian community
- 23/11/2018 - African Development Bank’s Staff Council and Lion’s Club join forces to CLEAN-UP Attecoube, Ivorian community hit by flood