Human Capital Development
The African Development Bank’s Human Capital Strategy aims to harness the potential of 1 billion Africans through skills development and investments in new technologies to promote quality jobs and workforce competitiveness.
With a population bigger than any other continent’s, Africa has a huge asset and a strong competitive advantage.
Equipped with education, skills and jobs, its youth stand to be the most important driver of economic growth.
Inclusive economic growth ensures Africans can reach their full potential and are on a path to prosperity.
Harnessing individual potentials of Africa’s human capital is the most sustainable key to economic transformation and social progress.
Human Capital, Youth and Skills Development is at the heart of the African Development Bank’s High 5s: “Improve the Quality of Life for the People of Africa.”
- 29/04/2019 African Development Bank calls for urgent global response as second cyclone hits Southern Africa
- 24/04/2019 Malawi: African Development Bank boosts cyclone response with emergency relief package and measures to combat climate change
- 15/04/2019 African Development Bank leads reconstruction efforts in Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Malawi in aftermath of deadly cyclone
- 08/04/2019 World Health Day 2019: African Development Bank joins the global call for universal health coverage for all
- 04/04/2019 Mauritius: African Development Bank power station renovation improves energy production, air quality
- 26/03/2019 Africa Investment Forum: Partners reaffirm commitment to close Africa’s infrastructure gap