Human Capital Development
Africa is going through profound shifts - demographic, economical, technological, political and environmental. These severely affect its most important resource: Africa’s 1 billion people.
Africa’s economic growth (on average 6%) has not been inclusive and its people have not reaped the benefits.
With the continent’s population set to more than double by 2050, its greatest asset will be Africa’s capacity to harness its human capital.
In order to capture this demographic dividend, the AfDB’s new Human Capital Development Strategy will focuse on skills for competitiveness and employment opportunities, value for money, accountability and voice in efficient and inclusive service delivery and financial and social systems that ensure inclusion and social cohesion.
- 07/06/2018 - We have high hopes and expectations for your country, Adesina tells President of São Tomé and Príncipe
- 06/06/2018 - African Development Bank Launches Coding for Employment Program: Unleashing Africa’s Next Generation of Digital Innovators
- 04/06/2018 - World Environment Day: Collective action must be taken to beat plastic pollution in Africa
- 01/06/2018 - African Development Bank to provide US $7 million to Sudan for rural livelihoods’ adaptation to climate change in the Horn of Africa II
- 30/05/2018 - Italy ramps up support for Somalia’s infrastructure, contributes €1 million to Somalia Infrastructure Fund
- 21/05/2018 - New champion joins forces with African Leaders for Nutrition