Human Capital Development
Africa is going through profound shifts - demographic, economical, technological, political and environmental. These severely affect its most important resource: Africa’s 1 billion people.
Africa’s economic growth (on average 6%) has not been inclusive and its people have not reaped the benefits.
With the continent’s population set to more than double by 2050, its greatest asset will be Africa’s capacity to harness its human capital.
In order to capture this demographic dividend, the AfDB’s new Human Capital Development Strategy will focuse on skills for competitiveness and employment opportunities, value for money, accountability and voice in efficient and inclusive service delivery and financial and social systems that ensure inclusion and social cohesion.
- 18/04/2018 - African Development Bank, African Institute of Mathematics and Science to transform industry-led research in Africa
- 06/04/2018 - World Health Day: Strengthened health systems and sound financing key to achieving Health for All
- 06/04/2018 - Fund for African Private Sector Assistance approves three projects to spur SME development in Africa
- 29/03/2018 - Visiting Swiss delegation underscores African Development Bank’s crucial role in Africa’s development
- 16/03/2018 - African Development Bank undertakes High Power Sector mission in Nigeria
- 13/03/2018 - Soutien de 15 millions de dollars de la Banque africaine de développement à Rawbank, première banque congolaise avec 24 % de parts de marché et 300 000 clients