Human Development for a better life
"Human Development for a better life" is a perfect illustration of how concrete and palpable our human development projects can be.
It also shows the multiplying effect of our projects, which are designed to create synergies and opportunities.
This book is about the impact of our projects on people, and how they are transforming lives. It is full of illustration, and testimony.
Based on true stories, this book describes some of our efforts to implement inclusive growth projects, a growth that creates opportunities for all.
This book is part of a four-part series, "For a Better Life", which brings a vibrant and optimistic message on Africa's prospects. From agriculture to human development, from water and sanitation to governance and financial and economic reforms, these books tell the stories of men and women who were able to take their destiny into their own hands.
These four areas - in which the African Development Bank's active portfolio stands at about USD 10 billion - play a crucial role in achieving its twin objectives of promoting inclusive growth and supporting the transition to green growth.
This book will help you discover some of our financial inclusion programmes, ranging from support for young entrepreneurs through startup capital to the creation of the first IVY-League University.
- 30/08/2017 - Lancement du Programme de la BAD et de l’Institut Brésil-Afrique sur la formation technique des jeunes : Invitation
- 11/07/2017 - AfDB, Islamic Development Bank sign new US $ 2 billion deal to fund energy, SMEs, human development programs
- 16/06/2017 - AfDB working with partners to accelerate implementation of drought resilience programme
- 13/06/2017 - African Development Bank Supports Afe Babalola University Expansion with a US$40 Million loan
- 01/06/2017 - Nutrition et sécurité alimentaire : la Banque africaine de développement offre son appui dans la région CEDEAO