Human Development for a better life
"Human Development for a better life" is a perfect illustration of how concrete and palpable our human development projects can be.
It also shows the multiplying effect of our projects, which are designed to create synergies and opportunities.
This book is about the impact of our projects on people, and how they are transforming lives. It is full of illustration, and testimony.
Based on true stories, this book describes some of our efforts to implement inclusive growth projects, a growth that creates opportunities for all.
This book is part of a four-part series, "For a Better Life", which brings a vibrant and optimistic message on Africa's prospects. From agriculture to human development, from water and sanitation to governance and financial and economic reforms, these books tell the stories of men and women who were able to take their destiny into their own hands.
These four areas - in which the African Development Bank's active portfolio stands at about USD 10 billion - play a crucial role in achieving its twin objectives of promoting inclusive growth and supporting the transition to green growth.
This book will help you discover some of our financial inclusion programmes, ranging from support for young entrepreneurs through startup capital to the creation of the first IVY-League University.
- 02/08/2018 - African Development Bank calls for greater push for breastfeeding to jumpstart wellbeing of future generation
- 24/04/2018 - African Development Bank calls for domestic financing solutions alongside aid in fight against malaria
- 16/04/2018 - The African Development Bank supports Nigeria’s healthcare sector
- 06/04/2018 - World Health Day: Strengthened health systems and sound financing key to achieving Health for All
- 04/04/2018 - La Banque africaine de développement octroie 11,23 millions USD à Madagascar : énergie, agriculture et lutte contre la peste