Water Supply & Sanitation
The Bank has a mandate "to contribute to the sustainable economic development and social progress of its regional members individually and jointly".
Based on this mandate, the Bank Group has developed a Vision, which has poverty reduction and development as a central goal. As one of the instruments for the operationalisation of its vision the Bank has developed a Strategic Plan which gives water high priority.
- 21/03/2019 - Malawi: From boreholes to public taps: rural communities to access improved water supply thanks to the African Development Bank
- 18/03/2019 - Mozambique: African Development Bank, Portugal and Mozambique sign MOU for “Lusophone compact” to accelerate private sector development
- 06/03/2019 - In Western Zambia, community champions mobilize for better sanitation, decent latrines
- 01/03/2019 - AfricaSan5: African Development Bank calls for scale up in implementation of sanitation targets, honours Piers Cross
- 12/02/2019 - Water at last for Kuwadzana residents in Zimbabwe