Water Supply & Sanitation
The Bank has a mandate "to contribute to the sustainable economic development and social progress of its regional members individually and jointly".
Based on this mandate, the Bank Group has developed a Vision, which has poverty reduction and development as a central goal. As one of the instruments for the operationalisation of its vision the Bank has developed a Strategic Plan which gives water high priority.
- 06/11/2018 - African Development Bank to invest over US$ 500 million in New City Wide Inclusive Sanitation projects with support from Gates Foundation
- 06/11/2018 - Morocco: African Development Bank approves € 117 million for secure and sustainable access to drinking water
- 26/10/2018 - Malawi: The African Development Bank approves US$ 15 million grant for Nkhata Bay Town Water Supply and Sanitation Project
- 17/10/2018 - On October 15, the Bank observes Global Handwashing Day
- 03/10/2018 - La Banque africaine de développement octroie 75,4 millions d’euros au Gabon, pour assurer un accès universel durable à l’eau potable, à l’horizon 2025