Water Supply & Sanitation
The Bank has a mandate "to contribute to the sustainable economic development and social progress of its regional members individually and jointly".
Based on this mandate, the Bank Group has developed a Vision, which has poverty reduction and development as a central goal. As one of the instruments for the operationalisation of its vision the Bank has developed a Strategic Plan which gives water high priority.
- 17/11/2017 - Rwanda-AfDB: Board Approves US$ 171 Million Loans for Water and Sanitation Programme
- 13/11/2017 - Global Water and Climate Action Day at COP23
- 13/11/2017 - Spotlight on “Water for Africa”, the new African water initiative launched with AfDB support
- 10/11/2017 - COP23 - Is sustainable land and water management compatible with small-scale farming under climate change?
- 24/10/2017 - Multi-stakeholder preparatory workshop to the Great Green Wall