Water Supply & Sanitation
The Bank has a mandate "to contribute to the sustainable economic development and social progress of its regional members individually and jointly".
Based on this mandate, the Bank Group has developed a Vision, which has poverty reduction and development as a central goal. As one of the instruments for the operationalisation of its vision the Bank has developed a Strategic Plan which gives water high priority.
- 17/01/2019 - African Development Bank and Rwanda Sign financing agreements worth €115 million for water projects
- 08/01/2019 - Tunisia: African Development Bank and European Bank for Reconstruction and Development invest 150 million euros to improve sanitation in small municipalities
- 27/12/2018 - Mainstreaming resilience and financing for sustainable and inclusive urban development in Africa
- 17/12/2018 - African Water Facility has raised €1.4 billion and funded 117 projects in 52 African countries
- 17/12/2018 - Rwanda: African Development Bank approves €115 million, providing 1.5 million people access to water