Water Supply & Sanitation
The Bank has a mandate "to contribute to the sustainable economic development and social progress of its regional members individually and jointly".
Based on this mandate, the Bank Group has developed a Vision, which has poverty reduction and development as a central goal. As one of the instruments for the operationalisation of its vision the Bank has developed a Strategic Plan which gives water high priority.
- 06/08/2018 - African Development Bank Offers New Financing Opportunities for Zambia’s Water and Agriculture Sectors
- 25/07/2018 - 2018 World Water Week: “Water, ecosystems and human development” - Focus on Africa
- 25/06/2018 - Uganda: African Development Bank approves US$62 million loan for delivery of water and sanitation to strategic towns
- 23/05/2018 - Zimbabwe Water and Sanitation Project : Relief for Chitungwiza Residents
- 26/04/2018 - At 54th Union Day celebration, Tanzanian President praises African Development Bank for transformative projects