Water Supply & Sanitation
The Bank has a mandate "to contribute to the sustainable economic development and social progress of its regional members individually and jointly".
Based on this mandate, the Bank Group has developed a Vision, which has poverty reduction and development as a central goal. As one of the instruments for the operationalisation of its vision the Bank has developed a Strategic Plan which gives water high priority.
- 21/12/2017 - Egypt gets US$ 150m from the African Development Bank to Upgrade Water Treatment Plant
- 08/12/2017 - Submit your abstract for the 2018 World Water Week!
- 17/11/2017 - Rwanda-AfDB: Board Approves US$ 171 Million Loans for Water and Sanitation Programme
- 13/11/2017 - Global Water and Climate Action Day at COP23
- 13/11/2017 - Spotlight on “Water for Africa”, the new African water initiative launched with AfDB support