Water Supply & Sanitation
The Bank has a mandate "to contribute to the sustainable economic development and social progress of its regional members individually and jointly".
Based on this mandate, the Bank Group has developed a Vision, which has poverty reduction and development as a central goal. As one of the instruments for the operationalisation of its vision the Bank has developed a Strategic Plan which gives water high priority.
- 05/03/2015 - International Women’s Day: 25 portraits - How the AfDB is improving the lives of African women
- 16/10/2014 - AfDB approves US $231 million for building resilience to food and nutrition insecurity in the Sahel
- 03/11/2013 - La BAD et le secteur agricole au Sahel : des investissements de plus de 1 milliard de dollars bénéficiant à 2 millions de paysans et éleveurs
- 11/06/2013 - Africa making great strides toward many MDG targets yet serious challenges remain, new report says
- 18/06/2012 - AfDB Hails Public-Private Partnerships as Major Aid to African Water and Sanitation