Water for a better life
"Water for a better life" is a perfect illustration of how concrete and palpable our water and sanitation projects can be.
It also shows the multiplying effect of our projects, which are designed to create synergies and opportunities.
This book is about the impact of our projects on people, and how they are transforming lives. It is full of illustration, and testimony.
Based on true stories, this book describes some of our efforts to implement inclusive growth projects, a growth that creates opportunities for all.
This book is part of a four-part series, "For a Better Life", which brings a vibrant and optimistic message on Africa's prospects. From agriculture to human development, from water and sanitation to governance and financial and economic reforms, these books tell the stories of men and women who were able to take their destiny into their own hands.
These four areas - in which the African Development Bank's active portfolio stands at about USD 10 billion - play a crucial role in achieving its twin objectives of promoting inclusive growth and supporting the transition to green growth.
"Water for a better life" presents a series of stories and portraits of Africans whose lives have been transformed by the availability of clean drinking water, sanitation services and improved management practices.
From better health standards in Rwanda, to the improved viability of isolated areas in Morocco and Tunisia, to women's agricultural entrepreneurship in Senegal, this collection of photographs captures inspirational moments of an Africa on the move, changing, and rising.
- 17/10/2018 - On October 15, the Bank observes Global Handwashing Day
- 03/10/2018 - La Banque africaine de développement octroie 75,4 millions d’euros au Gabon, pour assurer un accès universel durable à l’eau potable, à l’horizon 2025
- 01/10/2018 - Sénégal : 60 millions € de la Banque africaine de développement pour appuyer le Programme d’urgence de développement communautaire
- 06/08/2018 - African Development Bank Offers New Financing Opportunities for Zambia’s Water and Agriculture Sectors
- 25/07/2018 - 2018 World Water Week: “Water, ecosystems and human development” - Focus on Africa