Water for a better life
"Water for a better life" is a perfect illustration of how concrete and palpable our water and sanitation projects can be.
It also shows the multiplying effect of our projects, which are designed to create synergies and opportunities.
This book is about the impact of our projects on people, and how they are transforming lives. It is full of illustration, and testimony.
Based on true stories, this book describes some of our efforts to implement inclusive growth projects, a growth that creates opportunities for all.
This book is part of a four-part series, "For a Better Life", which brings a vibrant and optimistic message on Africa's prospects. From agriculture to human development, from water and sanitation to governance and financial and economic reforms, these books tell the stories of men and women who were able to take their destiny into their own hands.
These four areas - in which the African Development Bank's active portfolio stands at about USD 10 billion - play a crucial role in achieving its twin objectives of promoting inclusive growth and supporting the transition to green growth.
"Water for a better life" presents a series of stories and portraits of Africans whose lives have been transformed by the availability of clean drinking water, sanitation services and improved management practices.
From better health standards in Rwanda, to the improved viability of isolated areas in Morocco and Tunisia, to women's agricultural entrepreneurship in Senegal, this collection of photographs captures inspirational moments of an Africa on the move, changing, and rising.
- 09/02/2018 - Africa Science, Technology and Innovation Forum opens in Egypt
- 24/01/2018 - The African Water Facility holds 17th Governing Council in Dakar
- 21/12/2017 - Egypt gets US$ 150m from the African Development Bank to Upgrade Water Treatment Plant
- 08/12/2017 - Submit your abstract for the 2018 World Water Week!
- 17/11/2017 - Rwanda-AfDB: Board Approves US$ 171 Million Loans for Water and Sanitation Programme