What we do?
Problem Solving - Mediation
In a request for problem -solving, CRMU will restore an effective dialogue between the requestors and any interested persons with an aim to resolving underlying issues without seeking to attribute blame or fault to any such party.
Compliance Review - Investigation
The compliance review function is handled by the IRM Roster of Experts comprising three external professionals, appointed by the Board of Directors for a five-year non-renewable term. The Experts together with the Director of CRMU determine eligibility of request(s) for compliance review, and submit their eligibility report, recommending whether or not to undertake the compliance review, to the Board of Directors or to the President, as the case may be for project's status of approval.
CRMU and the IRM do have an advisory function. This is authorized by the President and/or the Board when they are of the opinion that projects, programs, policies and procedures of the Bank Group can benefit from the accumulated experience of the IRM and support efforts of staff and Management to strengthen the social and environmental impact of the projects funded by the Bank Group. The advisory function enables CRMU to provide independent opinions on systemic issues, technical advice on any projects and programs of the Bank Group, and to support efforts of staff and Management to strengthen the social and environmental impact of projects funded by the Bank Group. The advisory function consists of Advisory services by CRMU and Spot-check advisory reviews of project compliance undertaken by IRM Experts.
CRMU carries out outreach activities to raise awareness of Bank staff, civil society organizations, project affected communities and other stakeholders about the mandate and procedures of the IRM.
Consultants may be hired to assist CRMU and the Compliance Review Panels with investigations and fact finding missions. Consultants with experience in compliance review and problem-solving can send their applications to the CRMU, and register themselves in DACON- of the African Development Bank Group.
Dacon is a database of Individual Consultants and Consulting Firms maintained by the African Development Bank Group. Register now!
- 17/01/2017 - Inaugural UN World Data Forum aims to advance innovative solutions on better data for sustainable development
- 16/01/2017 - The African Development Bank Group appoints Wale Shonibare as Director for Energy Financial Solutions, Policy and Regulation
- 16/01/2017 - The African Development Bank Group appoints Astrid Manroth as Director for Energy Transformative Partnerships
- 16/01/2017 - The African Development Bank Group appoints Anthony Nyong as Director for Climate Change and Green Growth
- 16/01/2017 - The African Development Bank Group appoints Ousseynou Nakoulima as Director for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency