Bank Engagement with Civil Society
The African Development Bank strongly believes that engaging with Civil Society will help it achieve its priorities of inclusive, sustainable development. Since the beginning of his mandate, President Akinwumi Adesina has stressed the importance of engaging with civil society in achieving the Bank’s “High 5” priorities. The Bank has subsequently renewed its commitment to mainstreaming civil society engagement, creating a new Department: Gender, Women and Civil Society, with a Civil Society and Community Engagement Division dedicated to civil society engagement.
The Bank plans to mainstream Civil Society Engagement throughout its project cycle to promote transparency, and above all to increase its stakeholders’ effective and efficient participation.
The African Development Bank is pleased to launch a Call for Proposals for CSO-led Sessions during the 2018 Civil Society Forum. The Forum is scheduled to take place in Abidjan, from Monday, May 7th to Wednesday, May 9th, 2018 and revolves around the theme of AfDB and Civil Society engaging in Accelerating Africa’s Industrialization.
- Deadline for submitting a proposal is Friday 13th April 2018
- kindly note that this does not indicate a confirmation of registration due to the limited places available. Following the review of registration forms, we will send a confirmation email to the attendees.
- 22/05/2018 - African Development Bank Launches New Civil Society Committee
- 04/05/2018 - The African Development Bank organizes 2018 Civil Society Forum
- 01/08/2017 - AMCOMET-Africa Hydromet Forum 2017
- 19/06/2017 - The African Development Bank announces the appointment of Vanessa Moungar as Director for Gender, Women and Civil Society