The 2019 Annual Meetings of the African Development Bank Group will be held from 11-14 June 2019, in Malabo, Republic of Equatorial Guinea. Find out more
Operators wishing to work with the Bank must meet eligibility criteria and follow the application procedure. Eligibility criteria and application procedure vary depending on whether you are:
For the Bank to promptly assess the eligibility of a project for investment, interested enterprises should submit a preliminary application with the following information:
After determining the eligibility of a project’s financing application, the Bank will initiate a full application review for which the following elements are required:
The African Development Bank continues to adjust its operations by adapting existing instruments and adopting new ones when necessary to manage risk and to assure that services are delivered efficiently to the changing needs of its clients in emerging markets. Typically, the following financial products are required:
- Up to 15 years (including a five-year grace period)
- Foreign or local currencies, risk-priced
- Partial risk, partial credit (long tenors)
- For specific credits or commercial bank SME programs, risk- priced.
- Subordinated loans or bonds
- Local currency possible, maximum 15 years (10+5), risk priced
- Direct investments in banks, development financial institutions, micro-finance institutions, etc.
- Up to 25% with or without Board seat, planned exit, commercial returns.
- Grants for studies
- Up to US $1 million for institutional capacity-building programs.