- Initiatives & Partnerships
- Civil Society
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
- Financial Crisis
- Food Production
- Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)
- Poverty Reduction
- Quality Assurance & Results
- Regional Integration
- Sanctions System
- Structural Transformation
You are here
Bilateral relations between the AfDB and UNESCO were initiated in June 1969. The main areas of cooperation covered include: (a) technical assistance to regional member countries (RMCs) in the identification, preparation and appraisal of education projects; (b) implementation of technical assistance components of AfDB-financed projects in RMCs; and (c) exchange of information and participation in conferences/forums organized by either party.
- Collaboration to strengthen the education system capacity in RMCs, dialogue with RMCs and coordination in the field.
- Education in fragile States (workshops on education in fragile States);
- Collaboration in organizing joint HIV/AIDS education and prevention workshop, and participation in implementing technical assistance components of projects (e.g. the National Reproductive Health Program Support Project in Cameroon);
- Environment and ecosystems management;
- Collaboration on statistics and social issues.
Formal Arrangements and Financial Contribution
The first ADB/UNESCO MoU was signed in 1969 and amended in 1983.
For more information www.unesco.org
Focal point for AfDB-UNESCO relations
Principal Cooperation Officer
Partnership and Cooperation Unit (ORRU)
Phone :(216) 7110 2216