- Initiatives & Partnerships
- Civil Society
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
- Financial Crisis
- Food Production
- Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)
- Poverty Reduction
- Quality Assurance & Results
- Regional Integration
- Sanctions System
- Structural Transformation
You are here
The AfDB and WHO have had bilateral relations since 1994. The key areas of their collaboration include (i) participation in mobilizing resources to finance projects and programs; (ii) assistance to regional member countries in data collection and analysis, and promotion of research in the health sector; (iii) dialogue with regional member countries to assist them in programming, designing and implementing their health policy and strategy; (iv) technical training for health workers in regional member countries (RMCs); (v) WHO technical assistance in preparing the Bank’s health and HIV/AIDS policies and operational guidelines.
- Collaboration through the Forum on Harmonization for Health in Africa
- Collaboration on the “Value for Money” agenda in health programs to advance more health for money as well as more money for health in Africa
- Collaboration with WHO in health Sectors including reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health.
Formal Arrangements and Financial Contribution
Memorandum of Understanding signed in 1974 and amended in 1994.
For more information www.who.int
Focal point for the relations with WHO
Principal Cooperation Officer
The Partnerships and Cooperation Unit (ORRU)
Tel: (216) 71 10 39 10