Les Assemblées annuelles 2019 du Groupe de la Banque africaine de développement se tiendront du 11 au 14 juin 2019 à Malabo, en République de Guinée équatoriale. En savoir plus
Canada joined the African Development Fund (ADF) in 1973 and the African Development Bank (the Bank) in 1982. It supported all capital Increases and contributed to all replenishments of the ADF. The African Development Bank Group is one of Canada’s key development partners in supporting sustainable economic growth in Africa. The core area of focus for Canada is empowerment of women and girls. Other priority development areas for Canada’s partnership with the Bank Group include Environment & climate action, Growth that works for everyone, Inclusive governance, and peace and security.
Canada supports the following Multi-Donor Trust Funds and other initiatives hosted by the Bank:
- NEPAD Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility (NEPAD-IPPF) (total of CAN $25 million to date) – Established in 2005 to support the preparation of viable and bankable regional infrastructure projects and programs in Africa. Its aim is to attract more public and private investments for the development of infrastructure to benefit the Bank’s Regional Member Countries.
- The African Water Facility (AWF) (total of CAN $39 million to date) – Established in 2004 to enhance equitable and sustainable development and management of Africa’s water resources for poverty alleviation, socio-economic development, and regional cooperation. It also seeks to foster environmental resilience.
- Congo Basin Forest Fund (CBFF) (CAN $20 million) – established in 2008 to alleviate poverty and address climate change by combating deforestation and forest degradation in the Congo Basin. CBFF’s transformative and innovative projects aim at developing capacity of people and institutions in the Congo Basin to manage their forests and improve their livelihoods without depleting the forests.
- African Legal Support Facility (ALSF) (CAN $10 million) – Established to build the capacity of African governments to negotiate complex commercial transactions. Canada’s multi-year financing is targeted towards ALSF’s provision of legal advice and technical assistance to African governments involved in extractives sector negotiations.
- Africa Trade Fund (CAN $15 million) – Established to help developing countries to engage effectively in trade negotiations with other countries, and to implement trade reforms and projects within their own nations.
- 12/04/2019 - Le Canada, prêt à augmenter de 1,1 milliard de dollars sa souscription au capital exigible de la Banque africaine de développement
- 20/09/2018 - Adesina wraps up Canada visit with a plea in Calgary: “Africa cannot be ignored”
- 20/09/2018 - Speech by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President, African Development Bank Group, at the North America Launch of the Africa Investment Forum, Toronto - September 19, 2018
- 19/09/2018 - Le président de la Banque africaine de développement, Akinwumi Adesina, exhorte le Canada à participer aux prochaines rencontres sur l’investissement en Afrique
- 19/09/2018 - Remarks by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank at the meeting with Ambassadors in Ottawa, Canada - September 18, 2018
You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.