|De: ||25/07/2012 |
|A: ||27/07/2012 |
|Lieu: ||Imperial Royale Hotel, Kampala, Uganda |
The African Development Institute of the African Development Bank, in partnership with the African Econometric Society (AES), the Bank of Uganda, Makerere University College of Business and Management Sciences (CoBAMS), and the Economic Policy Research Centre Uganda, is convening the 17th Annual Conference of the African Econometric Society (AES) at Imperial Royale Hotel, Kampala, Uganda.
The conference theme is “Econometric Analysis and Policy Challenges in Africa” and sessions will cover various fields of economics: applied econometrics, economic modeling, quantitative and non-quantitative economic analysis. Emphasis is on the relevance of policy modeling in an uncertain world, with specific applications to Africa.
The last day of the conference, 28th July 2012, will feature a special session where the African Development Institute is launching a Network Session with African Think Tanks, in order to enhance “Policy Dialogue” in African Countries. The initial focus is on Flow of Funds.
The following distinguished keynote speakers will address the AES 2012 conference:
- Kaddour Hadri: the current President of the African Econometrics Society. He is Professor of Economics at Queens University Management School and Research Director for Economics Analysis and Behaviour at Queens University, Belfast.
- Victor Murinde: Director, African Development Institute, African Development Bank Group.
- Pravin Trivedi: Distinguished Professor and Rudy Professor of Economics, Indiana University, Bloomington, USA.
- Elizabeth Asiedu: Professor of Economics at the University of Kansas, USA
- Rabah Arezki: Economist at the IMF Institute, Washington DC, USA.