Members of the Infrastructure Consortium for Africa (ICA), representing the G8, the African Development Bank, World Bank, European Investment Bank, Development Bank of South Africa, and the European Union, met in Maputo, Mozambique, on November 29, 2012 to discuss the progress made by the Consortium and decide on future directions on moving forward the regional infrastructure development on the continent. The main topics on the agenda included discussion on the evaluation of the first ICA Strategic Business Plan (SBP) 2010-2012. Key messages from the meeting:
- ICA is to continue its focus on moving forward African infrastructure development with a particular focus on regional infrastructure.
- ICA is to develop its Strategic Business Plan (SBP) 2014-2016 with a particular focus on PIDA implementation and outreach to G20, including the new G20 membership.
- The main objective of ICA – to “Increase the amount of finance going to sustainable infrastructure in Africa from public and private sources by facilitating greater cooperation and helping removing policy and technical blockages and progress” – will be maintained in the SBP 2014-2016.
- The members welcomed the online launching of the Project Preparation Fund Finder and User Guide as well as the Knowledge Centre both located at the ICA website.
- On this occasion, the ICA Annual Report 2011 (Financial Commitments and Disbursement to African Infrastructure) was also launched and will be soon on the ICA website.
- Members welcomed the presence of key potential future ICA members from G20, the Republic of South Africa and the Islamic Development Bank.