Vous êtes ici
The State of Gender Equality in Africa - Launch of AfDB Africa Gender Equality Index
While many African states have made important strides in passing laws to ensure greater gender equality, the challenge ahead for the continent is to ensure economic empowerment is more widespread, notably for women. To that end, the African Development Bank is staging a high-level debate on gender equality in Africa, to gauge the current state of play and to chart a course to step up progress.
The AfDB is piloting its Africa Gender Equality Index and unveiling its first magazine reporting on the Bank’s progress on gender, Crossroads. Following the launch of Africa Gender Equality Index at the Bank’s Annual Meetings in Abidjan, the publication will be available online at https://www.afdb.org/en/topics-and-sectors/sectors/gender/.
Moderator: Wallace Kantai, Business Editor, Nation Media Group
- Donald Kaberuka, President, AfDB
- Geraldine Fraser-Moleketi, Special Envoy on Gender, AfDB
- Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, Chairperson, African Union Commission
- Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Minister of Economy & Finance, Republic of Nigeria
- Saran Daraba Kaba, Secretary General, Mano River Union
- Frannie Leautier, CEO, Mkoba Private Equity Fund, Tanzania
- Papa Madiaw Ndiaye, CEO and Founding Partner, Advanced Finance and Investment Group