BO AND KENEMA DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM REHABILITATION AND EXPANSION PROJECT
- Référence: P-SL-F00-007
- Date d’approbation: 16/12/2016
- Date de début: 01/03/2018
- Date d'évaluation: 29/07/2016
- Statut: ApprouvéAPVD
- Agence d'implémentation: MINISTRY OF ENERGY AND WATER RESOURCES
- Emplacement: Bo and Kenema
- Rehabilitation of existing distribution network - Expansion of distribution network - Connection of unserved customers - Capacity building
The towns of Bo and Kenema have an isolated system supplied by a combination of a 6 MW hydro power plant in the nearby city of Goma during the rainy season and a thermal plant in Kenema during the dry season. The current distribution network in those two cities is however old and can no longer be relied upon as mean to transport and distribute electricity to the end users.
The project will improve the electricity supply to the population of Bo and Kenema. It will ultimately improve the country's access to electricity; reduce the losses in the utility's distribution system and build the capacity of the main actors in the sector.
NJERU Anthony Karembu - RDGW1