Northern Rural Growth Program
- Référence: P-GH-AA0-030
- Date d’approbation: 17/12/2007
- Date de début: 30/04/2009
- Date d'évaluation: 31/10/2007
- Statut: En coursOnGo
- Agence d'implémentation: MINISTRY OF FOOD AND AGRICULTURE
- Emplacement: NATIONAL
The overall sector goal of the program is to contribute to an equitable and sustainable poverty Reduction and food security among rural households. The specific objective is to increase northern Ghana area rural households’ income on a sustainable basis.
The proposed program would be implemented in 32 districts located in northern Ghana over a six-year period under four components:
- Commodity Chain Development;
- Rural Infrastructure Development;
- Access to Financial Services; and
- Program Coordination. The following is a brief summary of the Program description.
The program will have positive social impact on men, women and youths in the program area. About 372,000 rural households or three million people living in these households will directly or indirectly benefit from the program. An estimate of 1.56 million of women will also benefit from the program. NRGP addresses the priorities of the Government of Ghana in the pursuit of poverty reduction as describe above. NRGP will contribute to achieving the objectives of the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) and the NEPAD’s Comprehensive African Agricultural Development Program (CAADP).
KARIKARI Tabi - OSAN2