Increasing the rate of infrastructure delivery in Africa implies a greater focus on project preparation and project development as well as specialized financial tools to address specific market challenges. In 2012, African Heads of States in their Declaration on the Program for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA) called for innovative solutions to facilitate and accelerate infrastructure delivery in Africa. In response, and after broad consultations with African stakeholders, the African Development Bank has proposed the establishment of a new delivery vehicle called Africa50. Africa50 is an Investment Bank for Infrastructure in Africa that focuses on high-impact national and regional projects in the energy, transport, ICT and water sectors.
Africa 50: An innovative platform for infrastructure development and financing in Africa
- 07/11/2018 - Construction d’un pont Kinshasa-Brazzaville : un pas majeur est franchi
- 19/07/2018 - AG d’Africa50 : Uhuru Kenyatta et Akinwumi Adesina exhortent le secteur privé à investir davantage dans les infrastructures en Afrique
- 10/07/2018 - Africa50 présentera ses nouveaux actionnaires et l’état de ses investissements lors de son assemblée générale à Nairobi le 19 juillet
- 27/06/2018 - The African CEO Infrastructure Project Developers Summit calls on Governments to Help Bring Projects to Financial Close More Rapidly
- 15/03/2018 - Kimberly Heimert appointed General Counsel at Africa50