Increasing the rate of infrastructure delivery in Africa implies a greater focus on project preparation and project development as well as specialized financial tools to address specific market challenges. In 2012, African Heads of States in their Declaration on the Program for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA) called for innovative solutions to facilitate and accelerate infrastructure delivery in Africa. In response, and after broad consultations with African stakeholders, the African Development Bank has proposed the establishment of a new delivery vehicle called Africa50. Africa50 is an Investment Bank for Infrastructure in Africa that focuses on high-impact national and regional projects in the energy, transport, ICT and water sectors.
Africa 50: An innovative platform for infrastructure development and financing in Africa
- 05/05/2017 - Africa investor and Africa50 Partner to Co-Host African CEO Project Developers’ Summit
- 02/05/2017 - Koffi Klousseh appointed Director of Project Development for Africa50
- 02/05/2017 - Africa investor and Africa50 Partner to Co-Host African CEO Project Developers’ Summit
- 20/04/2017 - Carole Wamuyu Wainaina, named Chief Operating Officer for Africa50
- 01/04/2017 - M. Adesina invite la Nouvelle banque de développement à se rallier au programme ambitieux de la BAD pour éclairer et électrifier l’Afrique