Fragilité & Résilience
The Transition Support Facility was established in 2008 (initially under the name Fragile States Facility) as an operationally autonomous entity within the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group. It was established, inter alia, to address weaknesses in the Performance-Based Allocation (PBA) of resources that tend to be low relative to needs and legitimate demands from states affected by fragility. Since then, it has mobilized more than UA 2 billion additional development finance for a set of low-income countries where fragility is the main development challenge.
- 31/05/2018 - African Development Bank provides US $1 million to support Sudan’s preparation for debt relief
- 31/05/2018 - Supporting Women-owned Businesses and SMEs in Sierra Leone
- 30/05/2018 - Italy ramps up support for Somalia’s infrastructure, contributes €1 million to Somalia Infrastructure Fund
- 27/04/2018 - African Development Bank launches “Say No to Famine” project in Somalia
- 14/02/2018 - Digital finance is a powerful lever for real change, African Development Bank Vice-President Pierre Guislain tells Resilience Forum