The Jobs for Youth in Africa Strategy has selected three sectors with high potential for youth inclusion for the initial flagship programs: agriculture, industrialization, and ICT. The Flagship Programs follow a unique approach in order to facilitate the design and implementation of individual projects. These flagships are based on best practices and provide results-oriented, cost-efficient models to scale up what has proven to work best. The program models outline the rationale, project components, and intended outcomes of each Flagship Program, providing a clear guide for design and implementation of projects.
- Rural Microenterprise Flagship Program Model: This program provides youth with capital, skills training and mentorship to support them with launching agriculture-based micro enterprises. Currently, the program is implemented in Malawi and Nigeria and has a total investment of US $54 million.
- The ENABLE Youth (Empowering Novel Agri-Business Led Employment) program helps young African men and women to incubate and scale-up their agri-business. In addition, ENABLE Youth supports youth in accessing financing to grow their enterprises. Currently, this program is implemented in 11 countries with a total investment of US $830 million.
- Agro-industrialization Pipeline Flagship Program Model: This program develops a pipeline of skilled labor for agro-industrial companies.
- Skills Enhancement Zone Flagship Program Model: This program develops a skilled workforce aligned to employer needs by creating demand-led training and job placement programs within industrial clusters.
- The Rockefeller Trust Fund enhances the digital and ICT skills of youth through these two main programs. Computational Thinking Flagship Program: This program introduces digital literacy, logical thinking, and complex problem-solving curricula in secondary schools. Coding for Employment Flagship Program: This program develops premier coding academies and matches graduates directly with ICT employers.
- 14/08/2018 - La jeunesse, moteur de développement de l’Afrique
- 06/08/2018 - Nigeria: African Development Bank inaugurates task force on Youth Employment and Skills Development
- 11/07/2018 - PME en Afrique : la Banque africaine de développement investit 10 millions de dollars supplémentaires dans le Fonds africain de garantie
- 28/06/2018 - Emploi : la Banque africaine de développement classée au 4e rang des entreprises les plus attractives en Afrique
JfYA - Implementation Progress (607 kB)