Plan d’action 2011-2015 de la BAD sur le changement climatique
The Climate Change Action Plan 2011-2015 articulates the Bank’s climate change objectives, principles, areas of focus, major activities, and investment plan. It supports the Bank in increasing its effectiveness and delivering on its core mission of poverty reduction and economic growth, while recognising the risks and opportunities to address the challenges of climate change.
This action plan rests on three pillars: low-carbon development, climate change adaptation and establishment of a climate change funding platform to be implemented through a mix of several financing options.
The AfDB is now advancing priority projects already identified by African countries that will support climate compatible development in Africa. About USD 11.5 billion worth of investments have been identified as existing demand, USD 5.6 billion for supporting low-carbon growth, and USD 5.8 billion for supporting climate-resilient development.
The Bank’s Climate Change Action Plan is informed by and guides the implementation of the Bank’s Climate Risk Management and Adaptation Strategy and Clean Energy Investment Framework, which address the broader issues of climate change adaptation and mitigation respectively.
- 20/03/2019 - Speech by President Akinwumi A. Adesina at the First Consultative Meeting of the 15th Replenishment of the African Development Fund (ADF), held in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire, March 20, 2019
- 20/03/2019 - Climate Action: African Development Bank calls for global collaboration to turn Nationally Determined Contributions into investment plans
- 20/03/2019 - Mobilising private sector resources for climate-compatible infrastructure in Africa
- 20/03/2019 - Somalia: African Development Bank Multi-Partner Infrastructure Fund to receive €1 million from Italy
- 20/03/2019 - African Development Bank: Professor Anthony Nyong, Director for Climate Change and Green Growth, named among world’s “100 Most Influential People in Climate Policy”
- 20/03/2019 - Chaque jour, en Afrique, le Fonds africain de développement fait la différence dans la vie de millions de personnes
- 19/03/2019 - Semaine malienne des énergies renouvelables : Le Mali sur la voie d’un avenir énergétique prometteur
- 19/03/2019 - Gabon : revue du document de stratégie pays et de la performance du portefeuille de la Banque africaine de développement
AFAC Brochure (13,27 MB)